Membership in the OAO
If you are interested in becoming a member of the OAO, you must be a Certified Specialist in Orthodontics, graduated from an accredited University Graduate Program and be registered with a license to practice Orthodontics in Ontario or Canada.
If you have any questions about joining the OAO, please Contact Us.
Why Join OAO?
- Benefit from our consumer awareness campaign which has driven 10,000 potential patients to our website since June 2016
- Listing on our Find an OAO Orthodontist Search
- Access to members only on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram social media pages
- Attend bi-annual business meetings, and two Core 1 lectures (6 CE credit courses are free for our active, academic, and student members)
- Monitoring and communicating with the RCDSO regarding misrepresentation of orthodontic specialty credentials by general dentists
- Advocating and protecting our specialty at many levels, ie RCDSO, ODA, AAO, CAO, GLAO, and the public
- Biennial scientific session offering amazing CE including Core 1 courses at a great value.
- An opportunity for camaraderie with your colleagues
If you are ready to apply, please fill out the online application form.